Tuesday 31 January 2017

1960'S IRISH POP SINGER JACKIE LEE AKA “JACKY” RELEASES NEW COMPILATIION FEAT. HIT SINGLE “WHITE HORSES”


​1960's Irish pop singer Jackie Lee aka “Jacky”, best known for her hit song “White Horses”, has released new compilation of the same name on Gonzo MultiMedia UK.

“I never dreamt in my wildest dreams that when I was asked by Ben Nisbett and Michael Carr if I would like to sing a little song they had written for hopefully a new TV series about White Horses that it would become so popular. I of course said I would be delighted to do so. I then went to Ben's office in Tin Pan Ally (Denmark Street, London) as it was known and heard the song and saw the lyrics for the first time. I must say I fell in love with it. We then set the key for the arranger and a week or so later I was in the rather small studio to put my voice to the arrangement that had already been recorded. It was then I decided to make something of this sweet little song. As there were about two tracks left, I used them to double track my voice and put in the harmonies which I knew would work well for the song. Lucky for all of us it was accepted for the TV series and voila, a little gem was born.

“I am quite astounded that my recording of the White Horses theme song is still remembered so fondly and played on the radio so regularly. So many people have written to me personally to recall all the happy memories they remember as children about the series and my recording. After so many enquiries I am delighted that this album has been released with the White Horses recording and tracks from my White Horses LP along with some other favourites of mine.

“It includes one track that has never been released before which was part of an album that I created with Christopher Gunning called Calendar which was very dear to my heart. The Busker was about April showers, the album was never released and to date and The Busker is the only track known to have survived.
“I have also chosen several recordings I made as part of the Raindrops, a vocal quartet with my ex Husband Len Beadle, Vince Hill and Johnny Worth. They all went on to make their own individual contributions to popular music.” - Jackie Lee


CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FROM GONZO
White Horses
CD - £9.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.