Tuesday 23 July 2013

MY DAD IS DAEVID ALLEN FROM GONG


allen540b
Melbourne – 1960-Present – Psychedelic Rock
The first time I heard him play? I went on tour overseas with him and my mother when I was around 9 months olddoes that count? I suppose I’ve heard his music a lot over the years. But when your dads recording studio is situated in the non-soundproofed room right next door to your bedroom, I guess you kinda learn to drown it out.
Since he still currently plays I guess he’s not really applicable to the ‘was’, but because he has been around since before Jimi Hendrix was cool and he’s like mid 70′s now, I thought I’d just submit him anyway. He’s been at the core of a whole bunch of bands, Soft Machine and Gong being the most notable.
Growing up with him is probably the reason why I don’t find anything weird in life. Dad has all these crazy drawings he’d done on commission plastered on the walls, he loves all weird things and has the craziest costumes and he’d dress up in them and dance around the living room. It’s been a running joke in my family that he’s 70 going on 17.
JUST SOME DAEVID ALLEN MUSIC FROM GONZO











No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.