Friday 30 November 2012

'RECORD YOUR CALL' ARE BACK


Now, I don't usually use the Gonzo Daily to blatantly endorse goods and/or services from a company that isn't related to Gonzo Multimedia, but in this case I shall make an exception. Yesterday I wrote about how the company that I use to record all my interviews was upgrading their website, and therefore had not been available when I wanted to interview Michael Des Barres the other day. Almost as an afterthought, I e-mailed their customer service asking how long I could expect them to be out of action.

Imagine how pleased I was to receive an e-mail late yesterday afternoon informing me that they were back online. A few minutes later the telephone rang, and it was a friendly geezer from the company, phoning to tell me the same thing, but also to make sure that I was happy with the service, and understood all the improvements that they had made.

In a world of illiterate emails, and totally inaudible call centres in Utar Pradesh, I am not used to such kindness and consideration from a company - ESPECIALLY not a company who only charge 10p a minute for their services. It was most welcome, and this is why I am giving them a shameless and unsolicited plug here today.





No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.