Thursday 29 November 2012

LONG DISTANCE INFORMATION WON'T YOU PLEASE RECORD MY CALL


I have a problem. I have never been able to link up a tape recorder/data recorder/computer to my telephone, and so until recently I have had a terrible time trying to record telephone calls, which is - as I am sure that you can imagine - quite a problem when I am a journalist. Then I discovered http://www.recordyourcall.co.uk/ who are bloody fantastic, surprisingly cheap, and via whom I have done all my interviews for Gonzo Daily, and the newly launched Gonzo Weekly.

Yesterday I was due to speak to Michael Des Barres about his fabbo new Christmas single , so I picked up the telephone at the appointed time, and rang him via those jolly nice 'Record Your Call' people, only to find that.......


...the service is offline at the moment, and no-one seems to know when it will be resumed. I eventually found another (more expensive) service, but too late to speak to Michael.

I have written to RYC asking when they will be back online, and I hope it will be soon, because I not only want to speak to Michael, but also to Judy Dyble and various other luminarys of Gonzoworld. So keep yer fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.