Saturday 24 November 2012

THE ERIC BURDON MYSTERY

Eric Burdon: No More War, CDHas anyone heard of this? I was pootling about on Spotify this morning when I saw the bottom image of these two record covers, with a release date of 2012. So I checked it out. And I found....nothing at all.

The above cover is of an album which was apparently released on 'Strange Days' records in 2008, and the above one was apparently released some other time. Both albums have significantly different track listings, and neither are listed either on Wikipedia or on Eric's own website.

I am listening to the second version on Spotify as I type and it is one of the best bits of latter day Burdon that I have heard, The sound quality is not the best, but it does not appear to be a bootleg. Anyway the first version is on sale through Amazon and iTunes which makes it unlikely that either version is a bootleg.

So I am now completely confused. Can anyone enlighten me.

And, by the way, if you have not already done so check out his Gonzo Artist Page. Also check out All my Loving on DVD. You know it makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.