Saturday 17 November 2012

THOM THE WORLD POET: The Daily Poem


Rob Ayling writes: 

"Thom the World poet, is an old mate of mine from way back in my history. Even pre-dating Voiceprint, when I was running "Otter Songs" and Tom's poetry tapes and guest appearences with Daevid Allen, Gilli Smyth, Mother Gong are well known and highly regarded. It just felt right to include a daily poem from Thom on our Gonzo blog and when I approached him to do so, he replied with in seconds!!! Thom is a great talent and just wants to spread poetry, light and positive energy across the globe. If we at Gonzo can help him do that - why not? why not indeed!!" (The wondrous poetpic is by Jack McCabe, who I hope forgives me for scribbling all over it with Photoshop)

GOLDEN GIRL


Every now and Zen, I receive a letter or an email
announcing I am entering an AGE OF OPPORTUNITY!
This is usually accompanied by a picture of someone I have never met
with arcane knowledge necessary to access my good fortune
The cost is usually strung out over months, and a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
means this is being sold as a NO RISK investment. I usually reply -
suggesting we share my good fortune when it arrives
as I do not have anything other than a smile as of now!
Sometimes, dire warnings come if  I "ignore this opportunity"
These strangers all have creditable references -
who am I to doubt their honesty or integrity?
If I am to come in to good fortune, it will come from your reception
No other hope have I - may we both find treasure in the measure of response
and not rely upon the kindness of strangers to share impending prosperities!

WE WERE PROMISED GOLD! (and all we got was gridlock!)
F1 flies in on jumbo jets and helicopters landing on hospitals
F1 drives in a Porsche from El Paso. We were promised gold!
All we got was gridlock, bread and circuses. Police got overtime
Council bribed with free trips to Silverstone. WORDJAZZ ignored,
Del Valle schools closed down because of traffic. Fool's Gold!
We are prisoners in our own town,with roads closed
and all modes of transport under stress. Gas games for millionaires!
Our State dedicates a quarter of a billion dollars .We pay twice
derive no benefit. Austin used as a visual backdrop. Sell us again!
This imported fraud was sold on the premise it would be of benefit
It is - to the rich, to police, to hotels-not to poets, artists, homeless - dispossessed again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.