Sunday 13 January 2013

GONZO PEOPLE: Daevid Allen



Gonzo Grande Fromage Rob Ayling writes:

Happy 75th Birthday to Dingo Banana.

Daevid is someone I am proud to call a friend and who would of thought way back in 1987 that we would all be where we are today. To Daevid, I will always be eternally grateful to his faith in me. Which I would like to think has never being misplaced. Happy Birthday my friend and may you have many more.

Totally by happenstance I was interviewing Don Falcone from the amazing Spirits Burning yesterday, and he had this to add:

Say Happy Birthday to him, and my thanks and appreciation for all the amazing music he has done with Gong and all his projects and also with Spirits Burning. He may be the main person responsible for getting Spirits Burning on the map. The amazing thing with him, that I didn't realise until I met him was how skilled he is at improvising both vocally and with guitar (both gliss and lead). Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.