Monday 23 December 2013

Former King Crimson Guitarist Trey Gunn Hit By Motorcycle in India (and the Rider Got the Worst of It)

Former King Crimson guitarist Trey Gunn is currently traveling in India and had the unfortunate timing to be in the way of a motorcycle rider with no headlight. As luck would have it, he came out better than the motorcyclist.

Gunn wrote on his livejournal:
In Udaipur, Rajasthan. Fantastic city with lakes and temples and hills and towering buildings. Plus some super great food.

I have a fantastic collision with a motorcycle last night. The streets are an obstacle courses and a half. And so it seems my timing is quite different from the locals -- they move a bit slower and more consistent.

Joe and I were crossing a relatively smallish, but very busy, street as I saw my opening and began to move. I turned back to look the other way and there was a motorcycle headlight bearing right down on me. My body leapt out of the way and I crashed right into another cycle coming from the other direction with no headlamp on. My body retained it composure and, even though I couldn't see anything, I cleaned knocked the guy and his motorcycle over. I was still standing, though pretty stunned. The whole street stopped moving and fell silent as we gathered ourselves back together.

In the normal Indian fashion he was way more concerned about me than either himself or his bike.

Read on...


Check out Trey at Gonzo

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.