Sunday 18 January 2015

Songstress Barbara Dickson set to return to her roots with move back to Scotland after 35 years away

SINGER Barbara Dickson has spent more than three decades living south of the border with her husband and three grown up sons, but the Dunfermline songstress, 67, wants to spend the rest of her life in Scotland and reveals she will be setting up home in Edinburgh later this year.

SONG legend Barbara Dickson is returning to Scotland to live because she wants to spend the remainder of her years at home. The singer, from Dunfermline , is making plans for the move to Edinburgh later this year. Barbara, 67, who has three grown up sons and currently lives in Lincolnshire with her husband, BBC director Oliver Cookson, said: “I've got cousins in Dunfermline.

“I’m very close to them and see them often. “I’m a member of the Pars supporters club and I’m a patron of Fife Society for the Blind. I’m very drawn to being in Scotland. I have been wanting to do it for six years now and it has been difficult for me. I’ve lived in a small town in the countryside in England for a very long time and I just feel that I would very much like to be back in Scotland.”

Barbara, who became Scotland’s all-time top selling Scottish female singer with a string of hit singles such as Answer Me, Another Suitcase in Another Hall, The Caravan Song and I Know Him So Well with Elaine Paige, added: “I have an English husband so that was a bit of an obstacle to begin with.

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FROM GONZO
Winter
CD - £9.99

Che Faro
DVD - £12.99

B4 74 - The Folkclub Tapes
2CD - £11.99

Full Circle
CD - £9.99

Into The Light
DVD - £12.99

Time And Tide 
CD - £9.99


No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.