Sunday 22 April 2012

JON ANDERSON INTERVIEWED BY 'ROCK CHICAGO'

Q: How did you get into music? Did you come from a musical family?

Anderson: Well, my brother and myself used to work on the local farm, and we sang every day. When I was a kid, I used to sing, we had a band actually, when I was 9 years old called The Little John Skiffle Band. My parents were from big Ballroom dancing. My father was in entertainment. He did radio from way back, but that’s how we got into music, me and my brother. He had a band in 1962, and I joined it, and it was the beginning of 1963, called The Warriors. We just loved singing the Everly Brothers’ songs, and of course The Beatles, started in ’63 and we just wanted to be Beatles. So that’s how we started.



Read on...

Check out the Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman page at Gonzo
Check out the Anderson, Wakeman, Bruford and Howe page at Gonzo

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.