Saturday 30 June 2012

HELEN McCOOKERYBOOK: Brittletwist

Helen is a monumentally intriguing artist, and furthermore one after my own heart. She posted this on her blog:

"I have posted a new track on reverbnation.com/helenmccookerybook It's one of the seven ages of women, from Voxpop Puella"

What, I wondered, was Voxpop Puella? My schoolboy Latin was enough to know that puella is Ancient Roman for 'girl' as in "Balbus love the sweet voices of the gurls", as any fule kno. But what was Voxpop Puella? So I googled it and found..

"Helen McCookerybook's Voxpop Puella takes as its theme the seven ages of woman. The show involves the screening of seven short films, commissioned from seven women filmmakers, interspersed with seven songs, written and performed by McCookerybook."

http://www.culturewars.org.uk/edinburgh2003/identity/voxpoppuella.htm

So this is one of the songs from the show, I surmise. So I went back to ReverbNation and listened to it. It is jolly good. I also found this:




ComScore

So my journey was not a wasted one...

...and check out her Gonzo artist page

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.