Friday 20 October 2017

THOM THE WORLD POET: The Daily Poem

Rob Ayling, yer Gonzo Grande Fromage, writes:

"Thom the World poet is an old mate of mine from way back in my history. Even pre-dating Voiceprint, when I was running "Otter Songs" and Thom's poetry tapes and guest appearances with Daevid Allen, Gilli Smyth and Mother Gong are well known and highly regarded. It just felt right to include a daily poem from Thom on our Gonzo blog and when I approached him to do so, he replied within seconds!!! Thom is a great talent and just wants to spread poetry, light and positive energy across the globe. If we at Gonzo can help him do that - why not?



I HAVE HAD THIS BODY ALL MY LIFE
IT WAS PRESENTED TO ME AS A GIFT
and i know i  have to return it in good condition @the end
But recently,parts have started to deteriorate
My eyes blur @computer screens
My ears deafened by Death Metal
My taste buds ruined by chocolate and icecream
My feet dangling under an office desk
My hands thumb drives for text machines
My knees knock.My turkey neck.My dand ruffs.
Parts are falling off all over!Soon the last thin hair
will welcome a landing zone on top of Pate Dome
I am sure you may also be feeling the effect of years
I wonder if i will get my karmic deposit back

once they see the condition i am in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.