Tuesday 5 June 2012

JON ANDERSON: Link to interview

The other week I interviewed Jon Anderson, and we had quite a jolly chat for about twenty minutes. However, he is a fascinating fellow and I keep on thinking of more things that I wished I had asked him. I expect that I will catch up with him again at some point, but in the meantime I am posting links to other interviews with him as they come along...

Jon Anderson, former singer of the band Yes, has been making music since the late 60's and shows no sign of stopping. In 2010, Anderson released his fourteenth solo album Survival and Other Stories and last year he digitally released the 21 minute epic “Open.” He is currently on his North American tour for select dates and he makes a stop in Chicago this week. I had the pleasure of speaking to him about his music and future endeavors.

Ashley Perez: Your latest collaboration was with Marco Sabiu for the song “Limitless Lives.” How did you guys meet up and decided to make music together?

Jon Anderson: I was in Rome with a friend working on some music and he mentioned Marco and said that he would like to do some music with me. He sent the music to me and I thought it sounded nice and fit in very well with my voice. When I heard the music and the title came to me. I thought it was a nice title for the music thinking how limitless beings are, how we go around in circles for our whole lives. Once it was finished he asked to release it as a single and I said sure.

Read on...

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-musical-journey-of-jon-anderson#

For tour dates visit www.jonanderson.com/tour.html

Jon Anderson 'OPEN' digital download available:

http://www.amazon.com/Open-Single/dp/B005XT5Z8U/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1336499182&sr=1-1

Jon Anderson 'Survival & Other Stories' available through Gonzo MultiMedia: http://www.gonzomultimedia.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.