Tuesday 3 June 2014

THE LATEST YES CRISIS SEEMS NOT TO BE A CRISIS AFTER ALL

The other day I was pootling about on Facebook when I read this posting by our friend Mike Tiano:

At Leipzig, Germany, Yes stopped the show after a few minutes explaining that due to Jon Davison's "medical issue" the show would have to be end and be rescheduled. As a consolation the band closed the truncated performance with the instrumental "Würm" from "Starship Trooper". A video from the show appears below, and there is this article in German, which mentions that rescheduling the show appears to be unlikely: 

http://www.lvz-online.de/kultur/news/oh-nein-yes-brechen-ihr-leipziger-konzert-ab-weil-der-saenger-die-stimme-verliert/r-news-a-240858.html


I couldn't find anything either, except for a whole slew of ill judged speculation. However, this morning I was sent this posting by the man himself...

Hello everyone,

I wish to express my sincere gratitude for all your thoughtful well wishes. I'm definitely feeling the love! My spirits are high and I'm doing alright as I continue to take it day by day. Mumu is taking excellent care of me. The band, management, and crew are all supportive and optimistic.


My deepest apologies to all the fans that have been and perhaps will be greatly inconvenienced by my condition. I'm really very sorry!

Warmest regards,


Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.