Monday 18 February 2013

LINK: MICHAEL TO PLAY IN NEW YORK AND AUSTIN



Michael Des Barres. New York concert flyer.
Concert flyer
Michael is coming back to New York City next month, to play a concert at The Bowery Electric on March 7th!
He’s put together a special band for the occasion, featuring the following musicians:
Mark Bosch – guitar
Winston Roye – bass
Brian Delaney – drums
Michael Houghton – vocals/percussion
Reagan Richards – vocals/percussion
“New York was the first city I landed in when I came to the good ol’ U.S.A, what would become my home for the next 40 years. I have deep affection for this mad city. I can’t wait to play and evoke those early days of Johnny Thunders and I arm in arm, staggering the city’s decadent streets… He and his band epitomised a new breed… Now, I am here again, with renewed piss and vinegar to play for you and give you everything I’ve got…” – MDB
Tickets are available now from ticketweb.com. Kay Kasparhauser will be opening. More info can be found on the Facebook event page.
Michael will also do a free concert at SXSW in Austin, Texas on March 13th. The venue isThe Molotov Club. Check out the event page on Facebook for all the info you need.
“I’m using different musicians I have always wanted to work with in both locations”, Michael says about the upcoming shows.
Read on...

CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AT GONZO

I'm Only Human
SCD - £9.99

Carnaby Street
CD - £9.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.