Sunday 15 April 2012

LINK: Merrell Fankhauser and the secret of 'Wipeout'

Posted on April 13th, 2012
by Simon Barrett in All News, Music News
Read 108 times.

One of the most identifiable hits from the 60’s was the smash hit Wipeout. It put Surf Music in the center stage for the radio listener.

For as long as I can recall I have been a fan of mysteries. It matters not what the subject is, they are just fun to explore. The Kennedy Assassination, Amelia Earhart, the list goes on and on. Of course these lofty cases are far beyond my capabilities to make a change. Instead I play with smaller mysteries, mysteries that I feel I can solve to my own satisfaction. I love music, and the music world is full of mysteries.



My favorite period for music mysteries is the 1960’s and 1970’s. Mysteries abound! What appeals to me is that they fall into the category of ‘living mysteries’, many of the protagonists are still playing. Better still, after four or five decades they are willing to talk about what really happened.

Read on...

Check out his Gonzo artist page, and buy his CDs

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.