Sunday 9 December 2012

Nothing happens when I try to punch in ‘Judy’


You can’t say that I don’t try.  As mother just told me, as I dictated this to Corinna, I am very trying. However, I am in dire danger of completely drifting away from the point.  Because technofear still rules here at the Gonzo Daily.

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about how those jolly nice people at recordmycall.co.uk had telephoned me, to tell me that their service was once again working properly.  Unfortunately, I think there is something wrong with my line, or, conversely, both my lovely wife and I are being more than usually stupid.  Because can we get it to work properly?  Can we heck. 

I did a smashing interview with Judy Dyble the other day, in which we discussed dogs, recordings, Fairport Convention, Robert Fripp, her new album, various old albums, and a semi-tame blackbird which came into her kitchen and demanded grapes.  It was a smashing interview.  And according to those jolly nice guys at Record your Call, it recorded successfully.  However, we must doing something particularly stupid because we can’t find it in order to download it.

Today, I was supposed to be interviewing Don Falcone of the monumental groovy Spirits Burning. I’ve had to take a raincheck, because until either my line is fixed or Corinna and I can work out how to use the new improved service, not only is it pointless to conduct an interview that I can’t actually use, but I don’t want to risk having an interview that I cannot download.

So here we are, stuck in rock and roll limbo.   I have every expectation that this is just us being silly, and that those jolly nice people at customer support will be able to sort it all out for us on Monday.  I bloody hell hope so.  Because I have an awful lot of people that I want to interview before Christmas, in order to make the Yuletide Gonzo coverage the most excellent that you could possibly imagine.   So watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.