Tuesday 5 June 2012

MICHAEL DES BARRES: At last - what we have all been waiting for

I enjoy writing the Gonzo Daily, and for the first time in many decades I am not only enthusiastic, but excited by rock music again. Back in the 1970s I first discovered drums, bass, lead guitar and a crashing 4/4 beat, and found that they provoked a visceral response unlike anything else that I had ever known. Over the years, whilst music was still important to me, I gradually stopped fetishising it which was probably a sign of me growing up and taking a place in the normal world. But in recent months I have found myself feeling about music differently. It is not quite like it was back in 1974, but it is damn close.

And so I find myself getting drawn into the crazy-passionate intrigues of the music business, and I remember why I got involved in the first place. And I find myself getting particularly excited about new, and forthcoming releases.

I received these in my email late last night. It seems appropriate that, in view of the essential Englishness of Michael's forthcoming album, and the cover, that we publish them on Jubilee day.

We finally have the preorder links for the special CD/DVD edition of 'Carnaby Street':

UNITED STATES
http://www.gonzomultimedia.com/product_details/15483/Michael_Des_Barres-Carnaby_Street.html

REST OF WORLD
http://www.gonzomultimedia.co.uk/product_details/15483/Michael_Des_Barres-Carnaby_Street.html

WAYHAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.