Monday 7 January 2013

LINK: JON ANDERSON STILL WORKING ON SEQUEL TO ‘OLIAS OF SUNHILLOW’



Jon Anderson
Jon Anderson.com

Former Yes singer and front man Jon Anderson is taking his time with the upcoming sequel to his landmark first solo album, ‘Olias of Sunhillow.’ The project has so far been six years in the making, and in a new interview, the diminutive singer likens the work to a slow-baking cake. ”It’s not ready yet,” Anderson tellsNoise11.com. “I have all the ingredients but I haven’t put it in the oven yet.”
Anderson released ‘Olias of Sunhillow’ in 1975. The versatile musician not only composed the album’s amalgam of progressive rock, chorale and world music, he played every instrument on the record himself, resulting in a strikingly original album that many consider a watershed moment in progressive rock.
“I locked myself away and went crazy out of my brain,” he relates. “If you go to do a solo album you should be by yourself. That’s what I was thinking. I had all the instruments I was going to use like sitar and drums and things. It came out the other end four months later and for the first time I put ‘musician’ on my passport knowing that I was a musician.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.