Saturday 9 February 2013

AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL GONZO READERS

I don't think that any reader or user of the Gonzo Daily and Gonzo Weekly services can fail to have noticed that our service has been patchy to say the least over the past few days. This is because our Internet access has veered between non-existent and sparse. Yesterday (or to be more accurate, the wee small hours of today) , for example, we didn't finish getting all the blog postings out until 2am.

I will do my best to get everything out on time today, including the Gonzo Weekly. I also apologise massively to Merrell Fankhauser but I didn't get his e-mail asking me to telephone him yesterday afternoon until 10:30 this morning.

I do apologise for this, but it is truly completely beyond my control. David B-P and his glamorous assistant Jo-Jo (see below) are going to be doing something arcane with the telephone points this morning which may have some effect, but if it doesn't, basically we just have to continue our dialogue with British Telecom, which so far has gone.

JON: Forgive me for complaining but we have no internet access today

BT: Yes you have

JON: No I haven't

BT: You must be mistaken

JON: I assure you that I am not

BT: What do you expect us todo about it?

JON: Restore my service or I won't pay my telephone bill

BT:  Then we will cut you off... (which they did)

JON: I shall have to (reluctantly pay my bill) but we still have no internet access today


BT: Yes you have

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.