Saturday 23 February 2013

LINK: Jon Anderson Formerly of Yes Still Hasn’t Emotionally Left the Band

File:Jon Anderson with ukulele 2.jpgYes is arguably the most talented band in rock history. Their songs are so complex that your average music fan can't comprehend; at the same time it's so pleasing to the ear that you can't help but enjoy it. I got the chance to catch up with legendary Yes front man Jon Anderson about his upcoming Australian tour, new music and his current relationship with his musical soul mate Chris Squire.
Q: I noticed you're heading out to Australia in a month or two, will those be your first shows of 2013?
Jon Anderson: Yeah, I decided this year that I was going concentrate on finishing a lot of work in the studio. My studio is chockablock full of music. I've got to sort it all out and here I am writing a new song now, this morning. It's compounding by constantly creating music, which is amazing, but I've got to get it organized. I think this year I won't do too many shows.
Q: At this point in your career do you get a chance to enjoy the continents, countries and cities you visit? I know that back in the day you probably toured so much you didn't even know where you were.

Read on...
CHECK OUT JON ANDERSON AT GONZO

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.