Saturday 24 August 2013

Tim The Real Music Club Thursday 22 August 2013 (Mick Farren Special)



A 2 Hour special concentrating on Mick Farren who I had the luck to know, play with on occassion, shared many a esoteric/philosophocal/musical/tv-based/ pop culture.... you name it, conversation. An angry pacisifist, an inocononclast, self made leg-end. Great journalist (scif-fi and s&m writer less to my personal taste but he was damn good at it) We always fond a way to disagree and remain freinds. He had many many fans, aquaintances, I sometrimes womderred how many real frieds but THE KNOW WHO THEY ARE. Many of them certainly have more claim to his love that me.... I will neither name nor shame, I was proud to introduce him to some people he both loved and respected, but ultimately most of his closest friends were right with him when he finally proved his dictum that "falling over get you accepted".  There is SO much to say, many can say it better than I. Mickey I truely love you and the reciprocation which meant undersired given favours and the odd harsh telling off which I would never nave taken from anyone else was concrete to a friendship I shall treasure forever - you filled the gaps, you left none. I'm so glad I did'nt so to the gig, often preferred rehearals and smaller duo/trio sets. The rest of the guys have way more right to do this than I, Deviants, Fairies, Tooklets, Panthers, Good Guys, Last Men Standing, Tijuana Bibles, Wayne Kramer...... I DO HOPE one day you too give some vent to the more private stories , Mickey was a GOOD Man in the guise of a gunslinger. Ulike Doc Holiday I'm sure I beat him on the opiates but he beat me hands down on the PCP. I  wanted To Read Boss Goodmans tale of their mythic journney from LA to Detroit expecting 'snow' but getting the Mafia.... aaagggghhhh. perhaps some reprints are in order....


Too much, not enough. To quote Burroughs "Time is a landing strip, it is also that which runs out. In Mick's case I feel now his timing was immaculate. Love to you all. I hope this is just about ok  XXXX To many to thank, but Russell, Sandy, Andy C, Jaki, Lazza, Anne-Marie, Helga Cannot go without mention.


TRACKS - 

deviation st - deviants
Whens The Fun Begin - Pink Fairies
Are we having fun yet? - Larry Wallis
lets loot the supermarket - deviants
Lets Loot The Supermarket again (like we did last summer - deviants 77
The Aztec Calender Just Ran Out - Deviants usa
He's The Boss - Lazza Wallis
Digital Signs  - Paradise 9
Lost Johnny - Deviants usa
Lost Johnny - Mototorhad (Laz, Lem, Lucas)
Never Cheat The Fire - Deviants usa
Russell Hunter & Andy Colquhoun - Sayin' it is
Motorpsycho Nitemare - Blob Diildon (to amuse Mick n Boss n Drive the rest nuts!) Dedicated to the Acme Boots & The Staff Of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.