Thursday 1 August 2013

Animals frontman Eric Burdon: I'm not afraid to perform in Israel


Animals frontman Eric Burdon has denied reports that he is to withdraw from a planned concert in Israel following "threatening emails".

In a statement from his management today 71-year-old Mr Burdon said he had already arrived in Israel and that the concert would go ahead as planned.

"It was not my decision to cancel the show, it was my manager's, who as a result of lots of threating emails she received, was genuinely afraid for my life," he said.

"I'm not afraid to preform here and very happy to be back in Israel"

He continued: "Above all, it is important for me to convey a message that the past is not important, and the most important thing is and I came to Israel, as I wished to. It was important for me to play here and I'm concentrating all my energies towards the performance. We are going to give a great show to the Israelis."


CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FROM GONZO

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.