Wednesday 1 August 2012

MICHAEL DES BARRES: Little Latin Lover - Live on The Andy Dick Show

I am 52, and I have always tried to be cool. I have also been a rock music journalist on and off since I was seventeen and first wrote columns about music for my school magazine. I have always been aware of the pitfalls of hyperbole, and know that Jon Landau (for example) has never really recovered from his faux pas in writing that "I have seen rock and roll's future and its name is Bruce Springsteen" back in 1974.

I will be cool then. I will ignore the fact that this is the best thing I have seen all year. I will not deign to comment on the sheer rock and roll surrealchemy of a little person dressed as superman, and I certainly won't say that on this video Michael Des Barres is the living embodiment of what rock and roll is all about.

I have to remain cool for goodness sake.



Check him out at his Gonzo Artist Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.