Thursday 4 October 2012

EXCLUSIVE: Rob Ayling on Gong

I was invited to watch my old mates Gong go through their paces at a secret rehearsal room location in London.

It is so wonderful to see my old chums, Daevid and Gilli. Every time I see them it is as if time has stood still.... Of course their son Orlando is always such a great spirit to be around.

New guitarist Fabio was good to meet up with again. We hadn't seen each other since the UNcon - near 6 years ago. Then of course David Stut on bass. Dave is always solid, having enjoyed his work with the current line up of Jade Warrior and Cypher.

Good to hear the old classics booming out at me as I sat alone in the rehearsal room save the band. I many ways it was a private Gong show of my own - how cool is that ? Imagine if that 12 year school boy clutching his beloved copy of Angels Egg could see me now ???

After rehearsals it was off for some food and a good ol' catch up.

I can't wait to see them play at the Shepherds Bush Empire.. But if you can't wait that long you can catch them on another date.

Must go - its Telepot time !!!



































Gonzo Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.