Saturday 8 September 2012

HEALING ANA

As some of you are aware, I am a musician in my own right, and as well as writing Gonzostuff each day have been making albums that very few people buy for thirty years now. If you are interested, some of them are on Spotify, Jon Downes or possibly Jon Downes and the Amphibians from Outer Space, but this post is not about me. For the last couple of my records I have used drum samples purchased from Dooley's Drums which is owned and run by Jim Dooley. This evening I had a heartbreaking email from him:

Hi everyone,

You may have noticed that I haven't uploaded any new beats lately. Unfortunately there is a sad reason to this. Two weeks ago I found out that my daughter has a large tumor growing on and around her liver. We are still waiting a final diagnosis and treatment plan. I hope to be able to get back to making drum loops soon; in fact they may help pass the time in the hospital.

If you would like to read more, you can do so at
http://anadooley.com/

Thank you for your understanding,

Jim Dooley

She is a talented young lady, and the latest news is that she has been diagnosed with epithelial hemangioendothelioma (EHE), which is - bizarrely - what my mother died of. I felt impelled to publicise her case as widely as I can.

Love and respect

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.