Friday 9 November 2012

IT'S ADAM INNIT...


Did anyone else see Adam Ant on Later with Jools Holland this week ( I think it was this week, but I watched it on BBC IPlayer last night).  He looked refreshingly sane.  Before I go any further, let me point out that I suffer from the same condition as he does, and I’ve been as mad as a bagful of frogs on many occasions in my life (as has Adam). So, I am not being the slightest bit pejorative when I comment on his mental state; the poor bugger has been through the mill in the last ten years and I am very glad to see that he looks like he is finally on the way up again.  

The new album, Adam Ant is the Blueblack Hussar in Marrying the Gunner's Daughter has been due for some time, but it does appear that it will finally come out early next year.  The new single, Cool Zombie, didn’t immediately set my world alight, but it has to be said that I only saw about a minute and a half of it during a preview of the unedited promo video on an evening while I was eating my wife’s delicious vegetarian moussaka and wrestling with a nasty head cold, so it is quite possible that I missed the point entirely.  Some of the recent gigs which you can see on YouTube are, however, absolutely outstanding and on the basis of them, at least, the new album bodes well.  I have always been very fond of his music (the journal of The Centre for Fortean Zoology is named Animals & Men after one of his songs) and it would be great to see him properly back in the saddle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.