Sunday 12 August 2012

MORE ON RICK WAKEMAN'S NEW ZEALAND TOUR

Rick Wakeman Announces Auckland Shows

Rick Wakeman has announced three NZ shows. Wakeman is probably best known for his role as the former keyboardist in the progressive rock band YES.

Rick is looking forward to bringing his one-man show to New Zealand:

“ I have been really rather fortunate to have reached an age where people stop trying to tell you what you should be doing. I think they have now come to the conclusion that I’m not going away, so they might as well let me get on with what I want to do!

“This means that I have been able to dip my toes into the world of comedy, stand-up, television, acting and writing which means full days and a full life. I’ve also been able to diversify as regards concerts and these vary from shows with my band to full blown concerts with band, symphony orchestra and choir.

“Over the last couple of decades, the one man show, ”An Intimate Evening with Rick Wakeman” has surprised even me as to its popularity and has been performed in the UK, America, South America and Eastern Europe and I am really thrilled to be coming back to New Zealand, (which is also my wife’s favourite country), to perform the shows there.”

SEE HIM LIVE: RICK WAKEMAN
Sat 06 Oct Town Hall, Wellington
Sun 07 Oct Bruce Mason Centre, Auckland
Mon 08 Oct Aurora Centre, Christchurch

http://www.grooveguide.co.nz/news/music-news/711-rick-wakeman-announces-auckland-shows

Check out Rick's Gonzo Artist Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.