Saturday 21 July 2012

IN WHICH JON NICKS SOME ARTY PICTURES OF LIZ FROM THE AUBURN FACEBOOK PAGE


I have been a journalist for many years now, and I have even written for the late unlamented News of the World a couple of times and so I have the great traditions of British journalism to uphold.

I have always done my best to uphold them; I have made my excuses and left on more occasions than you could shake a stick at. I have recycled other people's news (albeit usually adding a few bad jokes of my own), and even on these hallowed pages I have been known to post a link to another news story, add a bad pun and call it news.

But until now, there are depths to which I have not sunk. I can truthfully say that neither I, nor anyone else at the Gonzo Daily have ever hacked into anyone's mobile phone account (at least partially because I wouldn't have a clue where to begin doing it - I can't even work my own mobile phone, let alone anyone else's), but today we have hit a new low; we have stolen these two delightfully arty new press pictures from Liz Lenten's Facebook Page.

Why have I sunk to such a low? Well, it is partly because I always try to have an Auburn/Liz Lenten story on a sunday so that I can write bad poetry about it, but also because I think that this guy, who I believe is called Phil Reeve, is an extraordinary photographer. Check out his website and you will see what I mean. I like the way that his stylised pictures are both retro and contemporary at the same time; a bit like Auburn's music. They hark back towards a mythical past that may or may not have actually existed and drag it kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.

I hope that makes sense. It does to me.

Check out their Gonzo artist page

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.