Thursday 24 May 2012

MERRELL FANKHAUSER IS BUSY BUSY BUSY

I like the way that various artists in the Gonzo family are using Gonzo Daily as a sort of Parish Magazine, to tell their stories and to post notifications about what is happening in their lives and careers. This is exactly what I set it up for, and I am so glad that it is working according to plan. For example, today Merrell Fankhauser writes:

Jon,

I have several releases comin out on other labels in the next few months as well... Spirit drummer Ed Cassidy and I have a song I wrote titled "Two Guys From The 60's" on a Sky Saxon (of The Seeds) tribute CD box coming out this summer, also we just finished my son's first solo album that also features Cassidy and The Revels ("Commanche" in the movie "Pulp Fiction"), we are looking for a label for Sunny Tim Fankhauser "I've Got The Right To Sing The Blues" !

Also this summer my 1992 album "Flying To Machu Picchu" is being reissued, and certainly last but not least my "Area 51 Suite" album with bonus DVD on Gonzo! Sept. 21st I am doing a concert in Santa Maria, CA with Chuck Negorn (Three Dog Night) and Jim Messina (Loggins & Messina), and many more being scheduled....

Below is a pic of myself and my son Tim (the Lefty) and our band at a concert, we plan to use it somewhere in the booklet for Tim's album. You can use it in your blog if you like?

Cheers,

Merrell

Check out his Gonzo artist page, and buy his CDs

1 comment:

  1. Merrell also has an upcoming feature in 'Blues Matters!' magazine. It's a corker! Well, it will be when I can finish typing it up. Where's the $ key?

    Martin

    ReplyDelete

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.