Wednesday 12 September 2012

APOLOGIES TO THOM THE WORLD POET

I have absolutely no idea what happened yesterday. I scheduled the daily poem from Thom, and then somehow - without realising it - managed to delete it. The first time that I realised it was just as I was going to bed, when I received an email from dear Thom, reading 'wot no poem?' So here - in addition to the normal daily poem - is an extra video for you all, to say a big sorry.



BTW, after I wrote my bad rhymes about him on Sunday, in which I apologised for being a terrible poet, he wrote to me:

Dreaming is a fine thing Jonathan
(Far better than deadline headlines worry lines
Lines form when you remember this-
ALL VERSE IS FREE VERSE!
Cheers!
(and thanks for inclusions!)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Thom the Awesmic Poet is still going strong in Austin - you will not catch him ever as he is in 3 places at one time heading old venues, new venues, and some that are still thoughts of venues to come. We thank him and you for sharing this non-TV inspiration. Although I like the B/W Zenith vacuum tube TV's better than FLAT SCREEN receiver and transmitter Boxes, You Tube helps us to get these priceless moments in an instant. Thanks Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.