Friday 7 September 2012

Grumpy Old Rick's Rant for September

Not really sure where to start as so much has been going on, but here goes anyway.
First of all I know that there have been a lot of enquiries to the website as regards the A&M re-issues. I am now led to understand that the whole plan has hit some legal issues which need to be resolved and quickly too. As soon as I have any more news we will post it on the website.

Next comes the Prog Rock Awards which were held at Kew Gardens on the 5th of September and where I met so many friends, some of whom I hadn’t seen for years, Mike Rutherford, Tony Banks, John Wetton, Carl Palmer, Justin Hayward, Keith Emerson, Steve Hackett and Peter Hamill to name but a few. I was also very honoured to receive the inaugural Prog God Award and the trophy now sits very proudly atop my piano.

Prog God

Image © progrockmag.com

As regards television I have started filming some new Rick’s Rants for the new series. The scripts are so well written and they are great fun to film. For obvious reasons I can’t give away the subject matter!


Read on...

Check out Rick's Gonzo Artist Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

...BECAUSE SOME OF US THINK THAT THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT
What happens when you mix what is - arguably - the world's most interesting record company, with an anarchist manic-depressive rock music historian polymath, and a method of dissemination which means that a daily rock-music magazine can be almost instantaneous?

Most of this blog is related in some way to the music, books and films produced by Gonzo Multimedia, but the editor has a grasshopper mind and so also writes about all sorts of cultural issues which interest him, and which he hopes will interest you as well.